Cafe O-Mai

Cafe O-Mai, Annerley
A couple of weeks ago, I have started a new term in a new department, which is pretty enjoyable! Prior to starting, I treated myself to some brunch in Cafe O-Mai, which is a Vietnamese breakfast with Western influenced cafe. 

There's plenty of street parking available and it was really convenient! Reading through the menu, I was contemplating between traditional Vietnamese breakfast (pho), banh mi and the usual breakfast options.

Finally, I decided on the 'Aunty Five's claypot baked eggs' over the pork meatballs in rich tomato sauce...


Untitled 
Aunty Five's Claypot baked eggs with Vietnamese lemongrass & chilli pork sausage - $15





This Aunty Five's claypot baked eggs is certainly not the usual tomato base baked eggs that we can get from other cafe. The eggs were cooked in a base of tamarind sauce, which I think is more of on the sweeter side rather than sour. I love their pork sausage which has a hint of lemongrass and some spiciness from the chilli. Yum! 

I was tempted by their sweet corn and zucchini fritters so I ordered one as a side dish. 

Untitled 
Corn & zucchini fritter - $3.50

Hehe! I like their fritter. Crunchy on the edges and flavourful! :)

Well, I downed my food with a cup of flat white, which is pretty good. 

Untitled
Flat White

Cafe O-Mai is a lovely place, although it can be touch busy and noisy on the weekend. Hope to return one day to try their pho and banh mi! 




Cafe O-Mai on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove