Shouk Cafe

Shouk Cafe, Paddington
Shouk Cafe has been under my radar for quite a while and I even suggested to visit this place over Little Brew a while ago. Finally, I had the chance to visit it! Together with Lin, we made our way to Paddington and excitedly walked into Shouk cafe. Phew, luckily seats were available in this deceptively spacious cafe. 

Untitled
Shouk Cafe's Menu

Looking through the menu, I am happy to eat any of them but I know my wallet and stomach can only accommodate one... Well, the shakshuka won over me that day. Something warm and tomatoey for a cold weather!


Shakshuka - $17
Tunisian style eggs baked in rich sauce of tomato, capsicum and spices

The baked eggs were cooked well to perfection, the yolks still runny and the rich tomato sauce well-balanced. I added Merguez sausages to my dish for additional $2 and they were delicious. I am really impressed by the side brioche that accompanied this meal. The brioche was warm and so soft! It is like a 'sponge', soaking up all the sauce! Yum!

As for Lin, she tried the latke stack, which is also a winner. I had to google 'latke' and it is a type of potato pancake, I guess another version of hash brown.

Untitled
Latke Stack - $16
Polish potato pancake stack with smoked salmon, two poached eggs,
cream cheese, dill and pickled red onions

The Latke stack was beautifully presented and Lin commented they were delicious! I tried the potato pancake with some smoked salmon and I love it! The potato pancakes were crispy and addictively moreish. 

Service can be quite slow here but luckily I had a good company and we chat and chat over coffee. 


Flat White


Both of us had an enjoyable time in Shouk Cafe. I hope that I can return to this place sometime in the future!



Shouk Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove