Balfour Kitchen

Balfours Kitchen, Spicers Balfour Hotel, New Farm
A couple of weeks ago on a Sunday, I caught up with Lainey over high tea in Balfours Kitchen. She found out that Spicers will be ceasing the high tea service, so she quickly organise one before it ends. My experience with high tea is very limited and this is my second one so far. 

But before we start, the first question Lainey asked was whether they have their 'special potatoes'? They were not chips yet not potato gems, but potato hash looking chips. They were delicious, really moreish! 

 Right, so back to the high tea. We could order any tea and refills on the list provided. What drew my attention was the lovely tea cups and matching saucer they have! 

Our two tier of food arrived shortly after our tea. As usual, savoury at the bottom tier and sweets on the top tier.


The selection of savoury food include sandwiches, a portion of sausage roll, quiche and small selection of pickles, cheese and ham. The sandwiches were simple and consisted of cheese, cucumber and ham. The rest was all right.

Now to the sweets! I like their scones. It was light and delicious when spread with the blueberry jam and cream. I think that was the highlight for me besides the 'chips'. I found their macarons filling quite diluted and watery. The chocolate brownie and the lemon meringue tart were all right. 

Well, both of us had a good time catching up, enjoying sips of tea while we snibbled on the food. 

Balfour Kitchen on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove