Raw Paw Paw

Raw Pawpaw, New Farm
On a weekend back in Brissie, MXM invited me to attend the 5 km parkrun in West End. Neither fit nor a runner myself (and have not tried running 5 km before), I agreed without thinking of the consequences.... Lol, it was his birthday prior and I gave in! :)

Needless to say, I was huffing and puffing after the run and we both agreed we need some food to sustain ourselves. Trying to be more 'health-conscious', we visited Raw pawpaw, the sister of Pawpaw. It is a smaller outlet in comparison to its sister in the Gabba. Luckily for us, it was still early in the morning and we managed to secure some outdoor seats.

Untitled

Although it was hot and sweaty after the exercise, I still wanted a cuppa coffee, the reason to keep me awake throughout the day after an early rise. Lol!

Untitled

As far as I can remember, their coffee tasted pretty good and well balanced. I enjoyed my flat white while MXM had his usual long black. Initially tossing to try their 'acai bowl', which include the superfood antioxidant acai, I finally gave in to mushrooms!

Sauteed mushrooms ($15.90) - rye toast, with poached eggs, spinach, kale aioli
I was intrigued by the kale aioli, which has quite a mild flavour. I enjoyed the simplicity of this meal and the mushrooms were plenty and flavourful!

MXM has been having sweet tooth recently and he ordered the french toast. Beware! They are certainly not the usual french toast: toast dipped in egg and pan fried....


Cinnamon french toast, coconut flour, soy milk with fresh banana, coconut chips and maple syrup - $16.90

Raw Pawpaw version of french toast is vegan and gluten free. We were both curious as to how they would prepare the french toast. It was an eye opener. The toast was sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and topped with maple syrup. Well, MXM enjoyed his french toast....

I think Raw Pawpaw is all right. They do have more options available in terms of vegan/gluten free in comparison to other cafe. 




Raw Pawpaw on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove