Jam Pantry

The Jam Pantry, Greenslopes
Nims, who used to own Comfort of My Table in Milton, recently opened a new cafe known as 'The Jam Pantry' in Greenslopes. Well, I have been following her through Instagram and the moment I knew she will be opening Jam Pantry, I tried to make time to visit her cafe. At least twice now!

On my first visit, I just returned from my rural placement for a couple of days off, and I took the opportunity to visit Jam Pantry. Parking can be difficult and it is only street parking that is available.

As soon as I walked into the cafe, I knew that I will have good home-cooked, comfort meals. Straying from their usual menu, I opted to browse through their 'flip chalk board' and chose 'The Fritters'.

Untitled
Fritters with beetroot jam, bacon and asparagus
The fritters of that week was zucchini fritters with asparagus, bacon, poached eggs and beetroot jam. I was dumbfounded when I saw this meal coming to my table! It was rustically presented and the serving was generous. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of that meal and was very satisfied. Deliciousness! Kudos to the beetroot jam/relish!

Next time around, I brought the Mr to Jam Pantry. I tried my best to try other meals but since I enjoyed the fritters so much last time, I ordered it again. But this time, it was different. Hmm... It was okay this time around, and I do not have any recollection of the specific type of fritters (think it was sweet potato), with poached eggs, roasted tomatoes, spinach and  ?hummus. 

Untitled

The Mr opted for 'The Whole Pantry', which consisted of fried eggs, sauerkraut, pork crackling and slow cooked pork shoulder. Gosh, the Mr had all the cracklings to himself while I tried nibbles of the remnants he gave me. I think this meal was all right.  He seemed to enjoy the fritters more than the Whole Pantry.

Untitled
The Whole Pantry
As for our drinks, the Mr ordered the chai tea technically for me (because he knew I like chai), while I ordered a cuppa flat white. Both drinks were good, and the chai tea was sufficient for two people as well.

Untitled
Chai tea with honey
Untitled
Flat white
  
In my opinion, the Jam Pantry serves honest food that involves Nims' creations of relishes/jams with the current seasonal produce. There are certainly plenty of options to choose from whether you have a sweet tooth or savoury. I do enjoy the changing menu but will miss some of the favourites. It will certainly be a busy weekend spot and hopefully I will find seats next time!



The Jam Pantry on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove