Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian, Brisbane CBD
Well, the day has finally arrived that I stepped into Jamie's Italian and have lunch there! Yay! I have always been a fan of Jamie Oliver's and I was indeed ecstatic when we were heading there for lunch. Miss Lainey and myself had time off that day and decided to spend some girls time in the city.

I have read reviews that it is difficult to get seats for walk-ins. The experienced Lainey (who had visited Jamie's few times) suggested that we wait at the bar while waiting for our seats. While waiting for our table (15 minutes or so), we ordered some nibbles from the bar.
Untitled 
Part of Jamie's Italian Bar
So, we ordered polenta chips while waiting for our seats in the restaurant. It came pretty promptly and I have to admit, that was my first time trying polenta chips! I quite enjoyed the freshly grated parmesan cheese on the crispy, not overly dry polenta chips. I just found it to be a little salty, but otherwise enjoyable.
Untitled
Polenta Chips

Reading the menu, there was so many options for the pasta, and we finally decided for the prawn linguine at an entree size. The linguine was cooked al dente and there was no shortages of prawns pieces. The hint of chilli in the garlicky, tomato-ey sauce was not too overwhelming at all. It was a simple dish, done quite well. 

Untitled
Prawn Linguine - $16/$28.50

We also tried one of the specials of the day, which was barramundi with prosciutto, asparagus and aioli.  The fish was certainly cooked well, still moist and tender. However, the portion was pretty small and we were both quite disappointed about that. 

Untitled
Barramundi with crispy prosciutto

Trying to stay clear from alcoholic drinks especially after a long shifts of work, I tried one of their drinks, and it turned out to be so refreshing because of its sourness... LOL! I was certainly wide awake after that! :)

Untitled


Lainey and myself both had a good time here. The service was good and the meals were delivered at a timely manner. The food was good, but certainly not overly impressive. I still hope to return though to try other meals.


Click to add a blog post for Jamie's Italian on Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove