Kitchen Inn

Kitchen Inn, Calamvale
Hubby's mom recently bought a voucher online for Kitchen Inn, knowing that I enjoy Malaysian meals. Finally after having some free time, we made our way to Calamvale. I rarely travel so far down south and it was a joyous moment when we found this restaurant! (LOL, as we were starving by then)

Untitled

It was pretty packed on a Saturday night and as we walked past tables of diners, I noted that most people ordered their famous handmade noodles dish. After browsing through the menu, the four of us decided to try different meals, and decided to order FIVE dishes!

Well well well... We certainly did not want to miss out on their special dish and had the Signature 'Kampua Special'. It comes with their handmade noodles, served with BBQ pork and roast pork in a dry sauce. I had to say that it was actually pretty delicious. I enjoyed the stringy noodles with the crunchy pork belly... 

Untitled
Kampua Special (comes in small or large servings)
Since it is a Malaysian restaurant, we ordered the usual suspects of 'char koay teow', seafood horfun and their Kitchen Inn Bak Kut Teh. The char koay teow (CKT) was pretty good, the flat rice noodles cooked well with eggs, bean sprout and fish cakes. Hehe, I think it is one of the top five CKT in Brisbane. The seafood horfun was above average and I think the Bak Kut Teh was a miss for me. Coming from Penang, I am used to top flavoured Bak Kut Teh, and Kitchen Inn's was just a little too sweet for my liking.

Untitled
Penang's Char Koay Teow
Untitled
Seafood horfun

Untitled
Kitchen Inn's Bak Kut Teh

Our last dish, 'Braised Pork Flat Noodle' was my favourite for the night. I have always preferred flat noodles and this one with braised pork and minced pork just hit the mark for me. The pork was tender and I enjoyed the flavour of the dish. 

Untitled
Braised pork flat noodles
There are additional sauces provided and if you are a fan of chilli, you can always help yourself to the red chilli oil or green chilli. Overall, we had a good time there and it always feel good to satisfy my Malaysian food cravings... 
 

  Kitchen Inn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove