Il Verde

Il Verde, Bowen Hills
There is new development around the Bowen Hills area and Mr and myself was quite impressed with this new area. We visited Il Verde for our two year wedding anniversary back in December last year before I flew back to Penang for my cousin's wedding. 

Il Verde is relatively big in comparison to its other counterparts along King St. There were indoor seating as well as outdoor seating, and with the cooler weather coming, I suspect most people would opt to sit outside. We were seated inside and directly opposite their big menu chalk board. 

Untitled
Il Verde Menu

Service was prompt and soon enough we made our order. For entree, we had the 'Calamari fritti' and 'Saffron E Fontina Arancini'. The salt and pepper calamari was delicious, still tender and crispy at times. The arancini was not our favourite, possibly because the cheese in the arancini was not too our liking. 

Untitled
Calamari fritti and Arancini

Well, to the mains now... I was so tempted to order pasta and try their orecchiette or even gnocchi, but just because I have not had risotto for a very long time, I just had to try their 'Risotto Frutti Di Mare'. The seafood risotto was perfect for me, the rice just soft and al dente enough with flavour all absorbed... Yum! The prawns, calamari and clams were all cooked well. The Mr even agreed it was spectacular.

Untitled
Risotto Frutti Di Mare

For our next main, we ordered 'Diavola' pizza; with house made Italian sausage, roasted capsicum and infused chilli. The dough was thin, and crispy on the edges. There was a mild hint of heat in this pizza and it certainly was reaching just bearable for me! I have to blame Grace for this as we have been eating so plain at home. 

Untitled
Diavola pizza

Dessert is a must for special occasion and just because I had tiramisu the previous day, I ordered the panna cotta instead. I had to say the presentation of the dessert was certainly not up there and hopefully the flavour does not reflect it. The panna cotta was wobbly, smooth and a decent one. It was a combination of honeycomb and candied orange, with chocolate.


Untitled
Panna cotta

Il Verde is famous for its 'cheese wheel pasta' and I was disappointed that they have it only on certain days. Unfortunately, we could not have it on the day we got there. 😔 Till next time...


IL VERDE Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove